IFTER EQU is a system that integrates the devices of security systems that are installed at an object and show their state. IFTER EQU guarantees effective object protection, makes support easier and enhances the capabilities of presentation and visualization. The effectiveness of the Intruder & Hold Up Alarm Systems (I&HAS), Fire Alarm System (FAS), Access Control System (ACS) and Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) are highly increased when they are all depicted together on a screen and when all the connections between those systems are gathered together by one integrated system.
- Example: After the detection of a fire by the FAS system the screen shows automatically the video from the cameras that are close to the alarm.
The main goal that designers want to achieve when designing large-format trading and storehouse objects is not only to assure the optimal client and product-flow but also to effectively use the space to store products. The second goal is to protect the object during everyday use. Very often,only after an accident or a robbery an owner pays attention to the safety aspects. In this situation, the costs of security system's modernisation are significantly higher, especially when the losses need to be protected.
The main dangers that can take place at the large-format objects are:
- Danger of fire: A possible fire-fighting action would be much harder due to the immense size of such buildings. Moreover, the losses can reach sky-high costs. It is important to quickly identify the place of the fire and carry out an effective evacuation and fire-fighting actions.
- Burglary and assault dangers: This type of danger can be divided into the internal - threats coming from employees, and external - threats from people unrelated to the object. In order to counteract those dangers, I&HAS and CCTV systems are installed in and around objects.
- The risk of unauthorized people moving throughout the object: Eliminating that kind of danger is possible by installing the Access Control System and creating access zones for groups of people. It minimises the danger of losing a company's confidential information as much as small theft by "wandering" people..
IFTER EQU provides optimum solutions to all above stated risks. The main functions for use at large-format objects of IFTER EQU are:
- Integration - IFTER EQU supports a wide range of security systems and building automation systems. The communication is carried out in both directions: IFTER EQU downloads the actual system state and events and also controls the work of these devices. It is very important to create links between the systems, e.g.: an alarm from the fire detector can send a control command to I&HAS, ACS or CCTV.
- Visualization - IFTER EQU presents on the graphic base plan the state of such safety system's elements as: detectors, alarm zones, door or cameras. The presentation happens through icons that are changing their status, depending on the actual state of the device, e.g.: surveillance, active, alarm, damage. Clicking a particular icon enables the controlling of a device by for instance sending a door block command. Moreover, an operator has a quick preview on the latest events and alarms that had happened on a given place.
In order to quickly identify the threatened area, the IFTER EQU system is equipped with many interesting mechanisms.
- One of them is the localisation of the endangered place by automatic preview of architectural plans of the area with active icons placed on it. The operator can easily verify the threatened section of an object. It makes leading a patrol via radio much easier.
- The operator can also hand a printout of the threatened place to the patrolling group. The printout will contain detectors that were in the state of alarm and also the evacuation routes.
- The operator can carry out the verification action by himself, by previewing the video from the cameras placed in this particular area. It is possible by clicking the camera icons placed at the same graphic backgrounds as alarm detectors.
When protecting goods at large-format objects, full verification of every event is very important. Every opening and closing of a door or a shutter from the protected area has to be recorded. The most common solution is to install I&HAS on those door and shutters. Thus, when a shutter or door opens -an alarm appears. Then IFTER EQU receives a message: "The opening of a shutter number 10", and shows the location of the alarm at the graphic background and also provides a video from the camera situated near the shutter. It enables immediate verification of who has opened the shutter/door and enables us to carry a constant view of the camera video, until the shutter is shut.
In order to streamline the service and the automation of the alarm zones arming and disarming processes, the user of IFTER EQU can create schedules. Those schedules can be assigned to every day of the week with a different duration for the alarm zone to be armed. Thus, a week is defined and the definition will independently be repeated every week. An exception-day can be defined for instance during a holiday, restoration period etc.
All the events that occurred in the integrated systems and in the IFTER EQU itself are archived in the database. Therefore, the user can analyse the past threats and the effectiveness of security service's work.